Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wherever He leads, I'll go

Brittany: Soo, I've already decided that I'm going back to Haiti this summer, and I think you should come with me.

And so it began. My roommate, along with my church's college ministry, spent spring break doing mission work in Haiti while I was off galavanting on the other side of the world. Consequentially, she left her heart in Port-au-Prince and decided to take me back with her for another three-week stint this summer. I, already itching from wanderlust before even being home again, was eager to make good on her offer and, in spite of being showered with reasons to stay home, bought plane tickets.

I had spent the previous four months travelling to and around Australia, so at this time I did not actually have enough money to buy said plane tickets, much less the cost of room and board for the duration, but after praying about it for a week or so, I felt perfect peace about going out on the financial edge. Sure enough, once I got home and was back at my church, I told some people about my plans and donations started pouring in left and right. First my plane ticket was paid for, then my housing, even spending money for while we are there! We were given so much that we can pay to bring extra luggage full of donated clothes, school supplies and bedding for the children who have nothing, and still have enough left over to bring to the foundation we are working through to use in Haiti!

As I mentioned, I was not able to go on the previous trip, so I really have no idea what I am jumping into. Brittany fills me in here and there about how things work, but I really will not get a handle on it until I get off the plane. What I can tell you is that we are working through the Chadasha Foundation as mission interns, staying from July 18- August 8. We will basically do whatever the missionaries living there need us to do, which from my understanding will involve working with children in an orphanage, medical clinics and helping out mission teams that will come and go.

I know that God has things in store for us that will be beyond words, but I will attempt to convey them through this blog during our time abroad. Please pray for us. Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done.



"And I will lead the blind in paths that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!